Glenn-Ole Kaasa, CEO at Kelda, will speak at the upcoming SPE Managed Pressure Drilling and Well Control Workshop in Rio de Janeiro this year. The talk entitled ‘Advances in Choke Control Algorithms for MPD’, will in particular address the topic of robustness of MPD control systems, and show examples of how adaptive control can make the control system gracefully handle severe disturbances such circulating out gas influxes.
We are proud to share the news that Vinicius de Oliveira is joining the Kelda team as a R&D Engineer this autumn. Vinicius is at the moment completing his PhD research at NTNU, where he’s been developing robust and adaptive control strategies to mitigate severe-slugging flow in oil and gas production.
Drilling Contractor published on their web page an article about the keynote presentation Kevin Wise had at the MPD/UBO Conference in Dubai.
Kevin Wise held the opening keynote presentation at the IADC/SPE Managed Pressure Drilling & Underbalanced Operations Conference in Dubai this year. He is Chief Advisor at Kelda Drilling Controls and Senior Technical Fellow at The Boeing Company.
Our two Research Engineers, Jon Åge Stakvik and Christian Berg, got their Industrial PhD funding granted by the Norwegian Research Council. Their topics will be “Adaptive model-based control of downhole pressure during drilling operations” and “Modeling for automatic control and estimation of influx and loss during drilling operations”.
- Meet Kelda here: IADC/SPE Managed Pressure Drilling & Underbalanced Operations Conference and Exhibition March 11, 2019
- Kevin Wise elected to the U.S. National Academy of Engineering November 7, 2018
- Kelda joins the Industry Master-programme September 19, 2018
- First automated UBD operation in Russia July 4, 2018
- Completed offshore drilling in Indonesia April 18, 2018
- Kelda Products (Kelda inside) April 10, 2018
- Funding from Oslofjordfondet April 9, 2018
- Another job, another success July 24, 2017
- Kevin Wise receives IEEE. Technical Excellence in Aerospace Control Award December 25, 2016
- Article in Teknamagasinet December 5, 2016
- Kickoff Workshop Industrial PhD Project October 24, 2016
- First MPD system operated by driller September 26, 2016
- Research Project Startup at HSN September 21, 2016
- MPD Conference in Galveston April 11, 2016
- Successfull flow loop testing March 25, 2016
- Visit us at Al Mansoori’s stand at ADIPEC November 9, 2015
- Glenn-Ole Kaasa speaker at SPE MPD workshop in Rio August 14, 2015
- New R&D Engineer: Vinicius de Oliveira June 1, 2015
- DrillingContractor.org article with Kevin Wise May 1, 2015
- Kevin Wise presented at the MPD/UBO Conference April 21, 2015
- Industrial PhD funding granted November 1, 2014
- New Research Engineer: Jon Åge Stakvik June 28, 2014
- New Research Engineer: Christian Berg June 10, 2014
- New Leading Expert: Pål Jacob Nessjøen April 1, 2014
- Research grant from Oslofjordfondet March 27, 2014
- Support granted from Innovasjon Norge March 12, 2014
- New Leading Expert: Geir Arne Evjen March 1, 2014
- New Chief Advisor: Robert Graham January 10, 2014
- New Chief Advisor: Kevin Wise January 10, 2014
- Kelda Drilling Controls Established October 15, 2013